4/17/10

The Dreaded Day

Yesterday was my first day back at work. The morning started off pretty good and then small tears began on the drive to drop Emry off. She was as happy as can be in the back talking and giggling to herself. Gayle so kindly agreed to meet me halfway between our houses in the mornings so I can get to work on time. I was in good spirits once we reached our drop-off point, then Gayle handed me some homemade cookies and mints and wished me good luck. At that point, the tears began FLOWING. I said goodbye to my sweet baby girl and drove off. The tears dwindled on the way to school and ended by the time I got to my classroom. Thankfully, the day flew by because I was trying to reacquaint myself with everything and our schedule was pretty packed. My students and coworkers were very sweet and made the transition easier for me. By the end of the day, it didn't feel like I had been gone for almost 4 months. I think Monday will be a little easier. I just keep telling myself there is only about 6 weeks until summer break!

No comments: