10/19/11

Sweet Peanut is Coming!

My blood pressure held out much longer than it did with Emry's pregnancy but unfortunately it's on the rise. Since I'm 38 1/2 weeks, my doc said it's best if I'm induced. I'm currently sitting in the hospital bed tying up loose ends for work, enjoying a Sprite, and waiting for Steve to get here. He's frantically getting things ready at the house and waiting for his parents to arrive from West Des Moines. They'll be staying with Emry overnight and caring for her while we're gone. My parents are driving down early tomorrow to help with Emry as well. We're very thankful we had enough time to organize care for her. At 6:00am tomorrow, the doc will give me pitocin and break my water. We'll see what happens from there. With Emry, my labor/delivery was a total of 7 hrs 45 min, and my nurse is predicting it'll be shorter than that this time around. Let's hope she's right!

Even though I'm physically ready to have baby here in my arms, I'm a little nervous about being a parent to two children. I know there will be rough patches and we'll all have some adjusting to do, but overall, I think our family will feel more complete. I'm eager to witness Emry in her big sister role. She already loves giving my belly kisses, covering it with her blankie, and giving baby hugs. So stinkin' cute! God blessed us with the opportunity to be parents twice over and I trust He wouldn't give us more than we can handle.

So here's to a good night's sleep and the safe arrival our new bundle!

No comments: