12/6/09

Pregnancy and Nursery Update

I went to the doctor last Tuesday and everything is going really well. The doctor wasn't worried about my swollen ankles and feet because my blood pressure was good and so were my protein and sugar levels. I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones who's prone to swollen hands and feet. Baby's heart rate was 146 and her measurements on are track. I'm becoming very anxious to meet her although I want her to keep growing until she's ready. I can't believe Steve and I will officially be parents in 7 weeks!
Steve and I spent a good chunk of yesterday working on the nursery. I began by cleaning out the top rack of her closet to allow more room for her things that won't be used for a while. I also unpacked, cut tags off, and washed all the recent baby clothes we've received. Then, Steve was determined to unload and move the second dresser into the room all by himself. I was praying that he didn't hurt himself as I'm not much help with lifting. He got it into the room safely and without injury. Thank goodness! Then was the task of arranging the furniture. After rearranging three times, it's complete! We think it looks pretty good and now all the room needs is some wall decor. We're going to stay away from painted designs so we don't have to repaint the room in a few years. Now we have to decide what we'll hang on the walls to add to the room. If you have any ideas, please share! Here are some photos of what it looks like thus far. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey--use picture from a cute kids book and put htem in inexpensive frames---they go on sale at Michaels and Hobby Lobby all the time. I still have a bag of newborn sized clothes for you, but I had surgury (minor) today so I can't come up to school this week. If you want to swing by fell free, otherwise I plan on getting up to school next week to get thing sent off for when I come back. Hope you are well. Her room is cute! -Kate

Anonymous said...

Just reread after I posted sorry for all the mistakes--so like me! -Kate