12/29/09

Mixed Feelings

I got into the doctor yesterday and my blood pressure was still elevated. It's not in the dangerous range but not in the healthy range either. It's pretty much the same as it was in the hospital so that is good because it hasn't gotten any worse. Laying low has helped my BP and also my swelling which has significantly decreased. He also said he doesn't feel I have preeclampsia either. And he said it wouldn't be in the best interest of the baby or me to return to work after the holiday break. He felt continued limited activity would be most beneficial. They also did a non-stress test on the baby yesterday and she looks great! From now on, I'll visit the doctor twice a week for a NST and blood pressure readings. So, I have mixed feelings because I'm so thankful they don't have to take the baby early and she is showing no signs of distress. But, I'm bummed that I have to be off work and use my days when she's not here. Of course I am willing to do what is best for the both of us so this is well worth it. However, I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I was planning on returning for a few weeks to get my classroom and students ready for my long-term sub. Fortunately, she has already shadowed me and subbed for me a few times so the kids are aware of who she is and she's had a chance to briefly get to know them. This is God's way of telling me I need to be flexible and I can't always control the situation. Welcome to parenthood! I continue to pray that baby can grow to be healthy and strong enough for birth.

1 comment:

steveandjanet1@msn.com said...

Dearest Jenny and Steve,

We are praying for your well being and knowing that God stands within the shadow keeping his calm and all powerful watch over the three of you and your loving friends and family who surround you. The birth will be peaceful and blessed as it should!! Love Jan and Steve