9/7/09

Visit to Iowa

Bright and early on Sunday, Steve and I headed to West Des Moines. He needed to use some of his dad's tools to put the finishing touches on the toy box he was making. We were also able to see Steve's brother Brian, his wife, Marcia and their three girls. Their youngest daughter Allison was born June 1st, and we haven't seen her since then. As you can see from the picture, she has grown quite a bit and is a beautiful little girl. We were also able to see Steve's sister and Holly, and visit our friend's Jason and Laura for a Labor Day bbq. It was a quick, fun trip. :)
Little Allison.

A few pictures of the adorable toy box! I'm so lucky to have such a creative, handy husband! He came up with this project idea and I fell in love with it. You can see the letters, H, B, S, and M. He chose these to represent the different last names of our family members. S for Schmidt (his mom's side) and Sheriff (his dad's side, and our last name), B for Broz (my mom's side), M for Maro (my mom and Ted), and H for Holter (my dad's side). How thoughtful. Everything was made from scratch except for the letters. We chose to stick with gender neutral colors so it can be used by our next child and will hopefully match the nursery color scheme. I haven't decided on a bedding set but I have it narrowed down to a few choices.

No comments: