6/11/09

Good News

Last weekend I had a few episodes of cramping and light spotting. It wasn't anything major but it still alarmed me and was enough that I thought my doctor should know. I couldn't get a hold of them until Monday so I called then and they asked me to come in so they could get a Beta count (pregnancy hormone) and get my blood type. I went in that afternoon to have my blood drawn and found out the next morning that my count was strong and high! I was so relieved. However, they still wanted me to come in to conduct a sonogram to make sure I wasn't bleeding anywhere other than my cervix. So, Steve and I went to the doctor's Tuesday afternoon and got to see Baby Bean! All you mother's reading this know the feeling but it was so unbelievable to see that tiny spot on the screen and know it's growing inside me. It was such a miracle to see and think how much it has developed in the last few weeks. I definitely teared up when the technician pointed him/her out on the screen. Seeing our tiny little person made everything so much more concrete and real. Even though we couldn't hear it, we saw its heart pumpin' away. It looked like a rapid flutter. The heart beat was 111, and the technician said that was a good number for how old the baby is. The technician looked for unusual bleeding and said everything looks great! We were so relieved to hear the fabulous news. It really put my mind at rest. (Many of you know how I can be such a worrier...believe me...I'm trying to be better!) Afterwards, we were given three pictures to take with us. So precious! I've had a heck of a time trying to scan them in. Our scanner at home is not functioning anymore. I was able to scan them at school today but since they're in a Word document, I can't seem to upload them into the blog. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I'm running out of patience and ideas! Soooo, hopefully I'll get a picture posted somehow...soon. Keep checking!

1 comment:

Freeman Follies said...

That can be scary! I remember when I had some bleeding with Ethan early on in my pregnancy...it was so hard not to panick. And seeing them growing inside of you for the first time is so amazing. How we are able to carry another person inside of us is so amazing to me. Let me know if you need anything!