7/30/09

Silly Me

Disclaimer: this blog is about our pregnancy adventures...the good, the bad, and even the disgusting, not so fun moments. If you have an open mind, please read on. :) I know some men prefer to avoid stories about womanly issues. This morning I had a few instances of spotting along with mild cramps. To say the least, it scared the s*^# out of me and yes, I bawled my eyes out when I told Steve. Deep down in my heart I knew there was a good chance everything was fine but the negative possibilities were taking over my thoughts. Most of you know that I tend to think of the worst first which is something I HATE and I'm trying to work on. Anyway, the instant I discovered the spotting I called my doctor's nurse immediately. After a brief conversation, she advised me to come in to the office. At the appointment I held it together very well. The nurse used the Doppler to detect Bean's heartbeat which was a strong, steady 142. Whew! I was relieved to know that Bean wasn't in any distress. Then, the doctor came in a did a quick "woman" exam and said everything looked great. She said spotting can occur for any number of reasons, and many are harmless to the fetus and mother. I was somewhat embarrassed because I thought I may have overreacted but I've never gone through this experience before and have no reference as to what's "normal" for my body. I'd rather be safe than sorry. The doctor was very understanding and said most woman are anxious with their first because it's all new to them. Sooo, we are doing very well! I thank God for this blessing and know he has Bean's best interests in mind. :)

1 comment:

The Herrigs said...

You are not silly at all...I am not a first time mommy and I would have called too. You did the right thing. Hope you are feeling better!