9/16/11

Officially A Big Girl

Soooo...I just have to brag a little. This morning while I was putting on makeup, Emry was giving it her all to go #2 in her diaper. Straining, straining, and more straining. After several attempts, she walked over to the toilet and said, "Potty, potty" and lifted up the lid. I checked her diaper and realized she hadn't successfully gone and was actually asking to try to go on the potty. We rushed to our guest bathroom where her training seat is...I set her on the toilet. After about a minute of pushing and saying "all done" I encouraged her to push one more time and sure enough, Emry POO fell into the toilet! I was histerical with excitement and was stunned because we haven't been actively potty training. After we wiped her bottom, she wanted to flush and waved "bye bye" as it disappeared. Of course, I had to take a pic and send it to daddy. I never thought I'd be so excited about human feces. Hopefully this is the first step to a successful potty training adventure. Way to go EMRY!

No comments: