8/12/10

Quick Storm= Big Damage

A brief yet very INTENSE storm passed through our neighborhood this afternoon. While I was sitting in a meeting for work I received a text from our neighbor sharing that the large tree in our front yard had been split in two by strong straight-line winds. Her husband so kindly walked over to assess the damage and assured me that the fallen piece hadn't hit the house. When I got home and had a chance to study the chaos up close, I found that the tree limbs were lying only a few feet from the house. We thank the Lord that he was watching over our house. Since Steve and I both have to work tomorrow, our damaged friend will remain an eye-sore until the weekend. Steve and a buddy from work are going to cut everything down to the stump and then we'll go from there.

No comments: