7/26/10

Where It All Began...

On our way back from our vacation in Minnesota, we stopped at Hickory Park in Ames, IA, with the Sheriffs. This is where Steve and my story began. The summer before my junior year in college, I landed a job here and worked in the ice cream area. Right across from my work station was an open view of the people who work in the kitchen. Not long after I began my job, I spotted a tall, dark, handsome guy cooking the infamous HP food. He never seemed to notice me but I was determined to get his attention. Finally, some of his buddies pointed out to him that a girl from the "fountain" was staring at him. Not long after that, he asked me and a girlfriend to hang out with him and a few buddies. The rest is history. We were so excited to bring Emry here for the first time. Who knows, maybe she'll end up going to Iowa State and waitressing at HP someday.

No comments: