1/21/10

Ready or Not, here comes baby!

It's a miracle I'm actually on the computer. There's so much to tell! Last Thursday, I went for an NST, and my blood pressure was pretty high, and my vision was a little blurred. So, the doctor sent me to be monitored and have lab work done. Once again, I was admitted to the hospital. My lab work came back fine and my blood pressure was much better when I laid flat on my left side. But the doctor wanted to get an idea of what my BP would be when I'm at home on limited activity. He asked me to walk the halls for a few minutes and when I returned my BP was 150/100. I was 38 weeks at this point and he decided the benefits of inducing me outweighed the risks. So, a few minutes later, he broke my water and started pitocin. I frantically called Steve to share the news that we were going to be parents in a matter of hours. I was induced at 2:30 and Emry was born at 9:45pm. The labor and delivery went really well. She was 7 lbs 11oz, 20 1/4 in. long. We were thankful she was healthy considering she was 2 weeks early. Unfortunately, my blood pressure stayed fairly elevated and my liver enzyme levels were increasing so, we were in the hospital from Thursday to Monday morning. As you can imagine, we were so grateful to finally get home.
It's been fun getting to know Emry and figure out her little personality. She's quite the snuggler. Enjoy the pics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you did a great job!! She is just beautiful, and I can't wait to meet her. -Kate