11/14/10

Another Cold

We're not sure if it's teething or what, but Emry has another cold. That's the second in the last two months. She has a LOT of snot along with a nasty cough. We can tell she's not feeling well because she lets us snuggle her without squirming away. She also has "sick breath" as I call it and droopy eyes. I hate seeing her like this because she can't tell me exactly what hurts and she can't rid herself of the mucus. I've been aspirating her nose several times a day the last few days. She HATES it and has learned to thrash her head from side to side. So, I've had to swaddle her with our big blankets and hold her head still. The entire time she wails, I sing, and tell her "mommy is helping you." I think she likes being wrapped up because she'll sit quietly well after we've finished de-boogering.

No comments: