2/8/10

First blow outs!

In less than a day, Emry managed to have 3 blow outs! I'm becoming quite the expert at getting poop stains out of baby clothes/blankets. Here's a run down of each incident: #1. Last night. Already strapped in carseat ready to leave the house. I heard her poo, took her out of the car seat to find that pooped had escaped the side of her diaper and soaked through her onesie and outfit. 10 minutes later, we were out the door. #2. This morning. I was in the middle of changing her before her next feeding. I had the new diaper underneath her old one ready to make the switch. After one swipe on her bottom with a baby wipe, poop shot out all the while she was peeing straight up. Both got all over her, me, and the changing table. She was already crying because she was hungry and the emergency bath made it that much worse. She was crying bloody murder, not a noise I had ever heard. After the bath, I had to rinse the fabrics and throw them in the laundry before everything dried and stained. So about 20 minutes after my first attempt to change her, she finally got her breakfast. Poor baby. #3. This afternoon. After the changing table ordeal, I swaddled her and put her in the swing. When I got her out to change and feed her, I noticed poop had once again escaped the side of her diaper all over her receiving blanket, on her foot/shin, and her onesie. This time, I decided to wipe the poo off of her with wipes instead of torturing her with another bath. After this, I decided the generic diapers we were given via a diaper cake probably aren't the best and she might be ready for size 1 diapers instead of the newborns. I'm waiting to see if my theory is correct. How much baby poo can one mom have on her knuckles? A LOT!

No comments: